2020!! What a year huh? Halfway through and I think many of us have seen, experienced, and become more WOKE to much more than we ever imagined in our entire lives.
It’s been a challenge for me, watching things unfold, processing, and coming to grips with unrealized realities, all while trying to keep my sanity secure. It’s been a lot!
However, for me, 2020 has proven just how protected and secure I am with God as my source of help in all the things life tries to throw at me and the world this year.
2020 is living PROOF that the scriptures in the Bible are real. Proof that the faith that my parents taught me to have is real. Proof that the prayers of my Grandparents prevail!
It’s also reminded me that fighting injustice by spreading awareness, having hard conversations, protesting, petitions, voting, and self-education is important- but so is fighting it through prayer. 2020 has been proof that how I fight my battles as a prayer warrior in the spiritual world is more crucial than anything else I could do with my natural abilities, insight, and strength. To survive in 2020 you have to be strategic. And what better way to gain strategic insight and direction, than from the King of strategy – God.
My main word for 2020 was Obedience. I’ve been afraid to speak up and be obedient to share what God has been showing and speaking to me about everything. But not anymore. If I’m going to be immediately obedient to God, then I need to tap into the bold faith, that I have what it takes to share His message… In whatever way He wants me to share it. I also need to have the faith that whoever the message is for, they will receive it – and that is all that matters. After that… it’s above me.
In today’s podcast episode, I’m talking about prayer, the scriptures, the supernatural power that God has given us, the power of our mindset, and the words that come out of our mouth. I pray that you receive it with an open mind and heart to learn and gain a deeper understanding of what we’re up against.
I also pray that it encourages you during these crazy times and that you’ll find the power within to survive another day – emotionally, mentally, physically, and above all else spiritually.
Listen to Today’s Episode
Here are the scriptures mentioned in the podcast in the order they were mentioned:
- Proverbs 18:21-22 NIV – From the fruit of their mouth a person’s stomach is filled; with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied. The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
- Joshua 6 – The Battle of Jericho
- Isaiah 54:17 NLT – But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; their vindication will come from me. I, the Lord, have spoken!
- Psalm 37:7 NLT – Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
- Psalm 42:5 NLT – Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God.
- Philippians 4:8 NIV – Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
- Philippians 4:6-7 NLT – Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT – So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT – Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.
- Deuteronomy 28:13 NIV – The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.
- Jeremiah 29:13 NIV – You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Recommended Blog Posts on SincerelyMrsMommy.com
Her Bold Faith – A 31 Day Guided Journal to Bolder Faith in Yourself, Your Life, & God.
If you’d like to check out my 31 day guided journal “Her Bold Faith” you can learn more about it here or go straight to Amazon here to purchase one of your own. It’s also available as a digital instant download copy here.
There are many resources available to learn more about racial and social injustice plus what you can do to help. However, these are just a few to get you started on your journey to knowledge and fostering change.
Black Lives Matter – For up to date news, resources, global action, programs, and local Black Lives Matter chapters visit www.blacklivesmatter.com
Be the Bridge – Be the Bridge was founded by Latasha Morrison in 2016 to “encourage racial reconciliation among all ethnicities, to promote racial unity in America, and to equip others to do the same.” I appreciate their open Christian approach to knowledge and reconciliation. On their website, you’ll find resources, local Be the Bridge groups and discussion guides. Visit www.bethebridge.com to learn more.
Black Mamas Matter – This organization provides information about the black maternal health disparity in America. Black women are dying 4 times more than white women during childbirth. Black women also have a higher rate of children dying pre-birth, and after birth up to one year old. On their website, you’ll learn more about the disparity, resources, literature, summits, and ways to donate to the cause. Visit www.blackmamasmatter.com
The Action PAC– This organization “runs hard-hitting campaigns to stop racism and bigotry in America. They use digital tools to facilitate strategic plans for change – on the web, on phone lines, and on the ground.” This is where you’ll find many petitions for the highly publicized racial injustice cases as well as not well-known cases as well. Petitions, guided phone calls, and donations. Visit www.theactionpac.com
Children’s Books by Black Authors
The following are links to blog posts with lists of books.
- The 2020 Ultimate List of Diverse Children’s Books by www.hereweeread.com
- 19 New Black History Children’s Books 2020 by www.colorsofus.com
- Top 154 Recommended African-American Children’s Books by www.aalbc.com
- 75+ Children’s Books with Characters of Color by www.lookforlittlehelpers.com
- Amazon Search for African American Children’s Books
Talking to Your Children About Race
Here are a couple of helpful articles to get started.
Your Age-by-Age Guide to Talking About Race by Kara Corridan and Wanda Medina
How to Talk to Children About Race by www.lookforlittlehelpers.com
That’s all I have for now. If you know of more resources that you feel may be helpful to add, please email me at email@example.com or inbox me on Instagram and Facebook.
Stay safe and well!