Helpful Expert Tips to Improve Your Child’s Working Memory – Plus Yours Too!
You can listen to the podcast episode by clicking the sound bar below
Today we have a return guest of Sincerely, Mrs. Mommy, award winning Psychologist Dr. Tracy Packiam Alloway! You may remember her blog article from a couple weeks ago, “The Difference Between ADHD and Gifted Plus Helpful Tips on What to Do Next.”
In this episode we dive deeper into the world of working memory and how it affects our ability to learn. As Dr. Alloway explains further, we practice working memory when we’re “… actively joining [the] knowledge that we know with new information that we’re learning.” She helps us understand why working memory is a critical skill to have and develop for the classroom, the workplace, and our every day lives.
In Today’s Episode We’ll Discuss –
- Dr. Alloways’ discovery on the importance of working memory and how critical it is for learning.
- What working memory is.
- The value of allowing movement while learning to improve retention.
- Shallow processing vs. deep processing.
- Behavior similarites of children who are Gifted and/or diagnoses with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder).
- The misinterpretation of oppositional behavior in the classroom.
- The importance of having your child assessed for Gifted.
- “Twice Exceptional” children (ADHD & Gifted)
- Tips for adults to improve our memory and retention throughout the day.
- Online distance learning with 3 helpful and practical tips to start implementing at home today.
- Online Psychological Telehealth Testing with ElephantClinic.com
Elephant Clinic – Telehealth Testing for Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Gifted in Florida