45 Positive Affirmations for a Peaceful Birth by Desirae Ofori
Written by Desirae Ofori
I am a firm believer in the power of our spoken and written word. Once the words hit the air and are scribbled onto paper, look out for it – they can and will come true. Not only do the words hit the air and paper, but it is also ingrained in our subconscious. Our subconscious will replay these words in our minds and we will act towards them, whether you realize them or not.
Before I was pregnant with my first son, I was terrified of labor and delivery. I’ve heard so many horror stories, it was rare for me to hear anyone talk of a positive birth experience.
Then one day my friend, told me about the book Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize. It radically changed the way I felt and thought about birth. Understanding the power of my thoughts and words, plus incorporating what the Bible reveals about the curse of Eve being lifted – it made me look forward to my son’s birth day in anticipation and excitement, instead of fear. You can read more about it in part one of my Birth Story: Faith>Fear.
I searched the internet to choose and create positive affirmations that were important to me and spoke the positive of what I feared. I wrote each one in a journal, read them as often as I could, meditated on them and tried to memorize them. I also did not widely spread news of my journal and affirmations because I didn’t want anyone’s negative energy to counteract what I was believing for. I only told a select few that I felt I could trust and who would be in agreement with me.
A few days before my first son’s birth, I had some labor pains. I rocked on my exercise ball, played my playlist, read and spoke these affirmations from my book. I felt that it helped me a lot. When it was time for real labor, although I didn’t use my journal, as things progressed some of the affirmations I memorized came to mind, and I repeated them to myself. After his birth and reviewing my journal I was surprised to see that many of my affirmations from the journal did come true. You can read about it in part two of my birth story: The Birth
For this next go round, I am believing that they will all come true for me.
Below you will find the affirmations from my journal as they talk to baby, mommy, the body, and reminders of how God will be a protector through the labor and delivery process. Feel free to add these to your own journal, share with your expecting friends, or add your own in the comments below.
45 Positive Affirmations for a Peaceful Birth
- I will have a short, easy, pain-free delivery in Jesus’ name; therefore I won’t need any anesthetic of any kind.
- Baby, in Jesus name, move into the perfect position for birth, head down, into the birth canal face down, no cord wrapped around your body, nor in a knot, and the perfect length for delivery.
- I will not tear, need any cuts, my vagina and perineum will stretch and have great elasticity.
- Thank you Lord for your divine and perfect intervention and guidance of this birth.
- There will be no pain. Any discomfort I feel is to help baby move down and be born.
- I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. – 1 Samuel 1:27
- Body relax, be at peace, be at one with what God designed you to do.
- Women have birthed for centuries you are more than capable.
- I command my cervix to dilate fully to 10cm, to be elastic and stretch.
- My water will break on it’s own, without any intervention from medical staff.
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. –Isaiah 43:1-3
- My body opens, my mind quiets, my baby descends.
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. – Deuteronomy 31:6
- He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. – Psalm 91:4
- I am strong, I am calm, I am relaxed, I am open, I am capable.
- My baby is excited to see me.
- Baby, you will not turn breech.
- I rebuke fear and doubt and unbelief. Your Word says you have not given me a spirit of fear but of love and power and a sound mind.
- My baby and I are one. I choose to create peace within me and around me.
- I set my worries aside and I allow my body to do it’s job.
- The Lord is faithful; He will strengthen you. – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- The pain you’re feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming. – Romans 8:18
- You’re doing better than you think.
- I am relaxed and happy that my baby is coming to meet us all.
- My baby is strong, healthy and blessed.
- I feel confident, I feel safe, I feel secure.
- I see my baby coming smoothly, from my womb into his world.
- Each contraction is a wave, bringing me closer to the oceans shore, safe haven of my baby into my arms.
- Good strong contractions bring my baby closer to me.
- My baby’s size is perfect for my body.
- I’m a child of the King; He will see me through this process.
- For I know the thoughts I have toward you, saith the Lord, thought of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. – Jeremiah 29:11
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to thine own understanding. –Proverbs 3:5-6
- You will keep in perfect peace, those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. – Isaiah 26:3
- He is my sonshine. (delivery for a boy)
- The medical staff will align to your perfect will for the baby and we will find favor with them because of your Word and your guidance to them.
- My contractions will be strong and effective, yet my discomfort low.
- I will labor and deliver quickly without the need of a c-section.
- Baby your heartbeat will stay stable and strong, our blood pressure will also stay stable.
- Baby you will deliver with ease, without pain or shock.
- I will not hemorrhage after delivery and my uterus will contract back to size without problems.
- Baby you will nurse easily after birth.
- I will have a quick and easy delivery.
- My baby will be born healthy and without complications.
- Peaceful Mama, Peaceful Baby, Peaceful Birth.
Ready to read some inspirational birth stories from a wide variety of women and experiences? Check out our Birth Story category here. Don’t forget to pin this article on pintrest and share these affirmations with your expecting friends.